Photo: Primakov / Shutterstock.com
You often want to export Android text messages on other devices like a computer or a laptop. Here, we’ll show you how to save and export Android text messages.
Method 1: Using Google Docs or Microsoft Word
The first method is quite easy. First, take the screenshots of the text messages. Then open Google Docs and follow the steps given below:
- Open a new document, tap on the plus button in the middle, and select Images.
- After that, select the screenshots to upload them.
- Once you are finished uploading the screenshots, tap on the three-dot button at the top right and then select Share and export.
- Next, tap on Print from the drop-down menu. All you have to do is adjust the colour, orientation and printer connectivity, and you are good to go.
Also read: How to backup contacts in Google?
Method 2: Use third-party apps like SMS backup and restore
You can use several third-party applications like SMS backup and restore to take a backup and then print or export your text messages.
- Open SMS backup and restore, and then tap on Set up a backup.
- Next, turn on the toggle in front of Messages and then click Next.
- Now, the app will prompt you to select the location of the backup files. You have four options – Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Your phone. I have selected my phone as the backup spot. You can select any other cloud backups, but you must log in to your account.
- The backup process will start once the target location and folder are set.
You can view all the backed-up messages in the app itself. In case you want a PDF copy or a print of your message or the entire conversation, tap on the vertical three-dot button at the right of the message and then select Print Conversation.
Next, tap the downward button in front of Select a printer and then select Save as a PDF.
In conclusion, exporting your text messages on Android is quite easy. All you need is a few apps like Google Docs, Word, or third-party apps like SMS Backup and Restore, and you are all set to print or export your text messages.
Also read: How to backup Telegram chats?