Apple Watch comes with a set of pre-loaded apps like Activity, which helps track your daily physical activity and exercise; Breathe, which is a mindfulness app, Calendar and Messages. While some of these apps are quite useful to be up-to-date with your daily routine, some other stock apps are absolutely useless if you do not use them often, and this only clutters the Watch’s home screen.
Whenever you install a third-party app on your iPhone, it also installs on your Apple Watch, if compatible. Some of these wrist-based apps might serve you better, but many others duplicate the function of your iPhone’s apps. These may fill up the storage space in the Watch, which can otherwise be used to store music, podcasts or audiobooks.
There are two ways to manage your apps on your Apple Watch — directly through the Watch or using your iPhone. Follow our guides below to delete apps from your Apple Watch.
Also read: Top 7 must-have apps for Apple Watch
How to use Apple Watch home screen to delete apps?
You can directly delete unwanted apps from your Apple Watch using its home screen. Follow the steps given below to delete apps.
- Press the Digital Crown to see all the apps on your home screen.
- If your home screen in grid view, press and hold one of the apps lightly to activate the jiggle mode.
- Then tap the Small Cross icon on the left of the app that you want to delete.
- Alternatively, if your home screen is in the list view, swipe left on the app that you want to remove, then tap on the red Bin button.
- A message will pop up to confirm the action. Tap on Delete App.
- Press the digital crown again to finish.
Also read: Top 7 Notes app for Apple Watch
How to use iPhone to delete apps from your Apple watch?
Similarly, you can remove useless apps from your Apple Watch using Watch application on your iPhone. In order to do so, follow the steps given below.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap on the My Watch tab on the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- Scroll down to the Installed On Apple Watch section and search for the app you want to delete.
- Tap on the app and then slide the toggle to the left to turn off Show App On Apple Watch.
Also read: How to save videos from iFunny?