Assetto Corsa is one of the best racing sims out there. Apart from great physics and content availability, the thing that makes this sim so popular is that there’s enormous community support for the game.
The game has hundreds if not thousands of community-made mods available that you can download and play. You can drive just about any car, from daily drivers to giant dumpsters, and race on just about any real track in the world or one of the many fictional ones made by the community.
In this article, we’re going over some sites that you can use to download mods for Assetto Corsa and how you can install them.
Also read: 7 ways to get faster in Sim racing
Where to download Assetto Corsa mods?
There are several websites that you can use to download mods for the sim. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- RaceDepartment: RaceDepartment is one of the most active sim racing communities and also hosts a bunch of great Assetto Corsa mods including cars, tracks, and other mods that can help you better your racecraft, improve track awareness and enhance your overall experience.
- RaceSimStudio: The team over at RaceSimStudio makes some of the best modded cars for Assetto Corsa. While most of their cars are paid downloads, you can find some for free. All their models are extremely detailed with very well-defined physics.
- AssettoCorsa.club: Another very popular site is AssettoCorsa.club. Not only they have some pretty detailed cars and tracks, they also host content manager, a great third-party launcher for Assetto Corsa.
- Assettoland: Another car mod site for Assetto Corsa, Assettoland hosts car mods from a lot of different modders in one place. Content quality will vary but there are often some good mods here.
How to install Assetto Corsa mods?
There are two ways you can install Assetto Corsa mods
- Installing mods manually.
- Using Content Manager.
Installing mods manually
If you don’t have Content Manager (we highly recommend you use it), you’re going to have to install your mods manually. Here’s how.
Step 1: Download the mod zip file and extract it to a location of your choice.
Step 2: Copy the extracted folder to the following directory depending on whether you’re installing a car or track.
Note that the installation path will be different if you’re Steam library in a different place.
Using Content Manager to install Assetto Corsa mods
If you’ve installed Content Manager, installing mod is extremely easy.
Step 1: Drag and drop the mod zip file into Content Manager.
Step 2: Press the three horizontal bars at the top right and click Install.
Content Manager will automatically install the mod for you.
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars. You can reach out to Yadullah at [email protected], or follow him on Instagram or Twitter.