Like every other social media platform, streaming service YouTube also has some trolls and they might comment on your channel and can downgrade the overall vibe and experience of everyone on your channel, including yourself. Sometimes, these trolls are way over their heads and you need to block these trolls right away.
Likewise, there are some channels that upload restricted contents on their channels or upload some other content usually looked down upon. Fortunately, YouTube offers a solution to these problems. You can block these channels or the users and here, in this article, we will show you how.
When you block someone on YouTube, they will not be able to comment on the videos that you have or will post in the future. Similarly, when you block a channel, you will not see the contents of the channel in the future. If you think that the content is damaging or hurts a certain section of the society, you can block as well as report the channel or the user.
How to block a user or YouTube channel on the website (PC)?
Here are the steps to block a YouTube user or a channel. Step 1: Open YouTube website and then sign in with your Google account.Step 2: Open the YouTube channel that you want to block. To open a channel, search for the channel in the search box and then click on the channel or you can open any video that you remember and then click on the channel name at the bottom of the video. Step 3: Once you are done, click on the About option. Step 4: Here, click on the flag icon and then click on Block User from the drop-down menu.
You can also report the channel, profile picture of the channel and channel art from these steps.
Block YouTube user
To block a YouTube user, follow the steps mentioned below. Step 1: Open YouTube and then sign in with your Google account.Step 2: Either search for the individual that you have to block or go to the comments section and then click on the user’s profile picture.Step 3: Here, click on the Flag option besides the Subscribe button.Step 4: From the drop-down menu, click on Block User.
Also read: How to change your Gmail profile picture?
How to block a user or YouTube channel on the smartphone app?
Following are the steps to block a YouTube channel via the YouTube app.
- Open the YouTube app and then sign in with your Google account. If you are already logged in then skip this step.
- Search the channel’s name on the search box and then tap on the channel’s picture or go to the channel’s video and then tap on the name of the channel at the bottom.
- Tap on the three-dot button at the top right.
- Tap on Block User from the drop-down menu.
Block YouTube user
Here are the steps to block a YouTube user.
- Search the username of the person that you want to block or go to the comment section where you have seen the person.
- Tap on the user’s profile picture and then tap on the profile picture again.
- Now, tap on the three-dot button at the top right and then tap on Block user.
Hope this article helped. We have covered more such articles on YouTube and other platforms. Do check them in our Tech Basic section.
Also read: How to delete your YouTube channel?