Flipkart was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007 and since then, the company has seen an exponential rise in the e-commerce market. However, with the introduction of Amazon in the Indian market, Flipkart felt the heat and looked up to one of the biggest brick and mortar stores worldwide, Walmart, for help. The American retail giant invested $16 billion to gain controlling shares in Flipkart and is working to turn the fortunes of the company around by signing a lot of exclusive deals, especially with tech companies, for selling their products — a move that has drawn criticism for e-commerce companies in recently.
In this article, we are going to explain how you can cancel your orders on Flipkart, both via the website and app.
Also read: How to delete your Quora account?
How to cancel orders on Flipkart (PC)?
Here are the steps to cancel your Flipkart orders via the website on a PC. Before continuing, however, make sure that you sign in on Flipkart first.
Step 1: Hover the mouse cursor on the My Account option at the top and a drop-down menu will open.Step 2: Select Orders option from the drop-down menu.Step 3: Here, you can see all the orders that you have made. Now, click on the item that you want to cancel. Here, I want to cancel Guns, Germs and Steel book. Step 4: Now, click on Cancel item option. Check out the screenshot below to get an idea. Step 5: After that, you will have to select the reason for cancelling the order. Select the reason from the drop-down list and finally click on Continue to cancel the order. Also read: How to cancel your Amazon order?
How to cancel orders on Flipkart app (Android and iOS)
If you are using the Flipkart app, follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your Flipkart order.
- Open the Flipkart app and then tap on the hamburger icon at the top left of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select My Orders.
- Now, tap on the order that you want to cancel.
- After that, tap on Cancel and a menu will open up from the bottom.
- On the menu, tap on Cancel item.
- Select the reason for cancellation and then tap on Submit Request.
- If your order has been cancelled, you will see a confirmation on your screen. Check out the last screenshot below (the one on the right).
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.