Launched in 2007 as a music streaming platform as well as an online music store, Amazon Music gradually rose to popularity and now has over 100 million downloads on Google Play with an impressive 4.5 rating. Amazon Music provides access to over 50 million songs that come free with Amazon Prime subscription, which also gives you access to Prime Video, Prime shopping and more.
The app has some of the good song stations that are categorised into various genres, moods and era. Overall, this app provides you with a fantastic experience; however, it might feel a bit lacklustre when compared to the likes of Spotify. In this article, we will tell you some neat tricks for this app that you will surely love.
Remove song history in Amazon music app
Removing an individual song
To remove song history from Amazon app, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to the Amazon music website from your PC or smartphone. Indian users can log in to the Amazon Music app here. Users from other countries can check this link.
- After sign in, you’ll see a menu on the left; click on the Played option below the Recents heading. You will see the list of songs that you have played.
- Now, click on the three dots on the right for the song that you want to remove, and a menu will pop up.
- Select Remove song from history.
Removing full album
Albums are shown at the top of the screen, under the Recently Played heading. To remove albums, follow the steps given below.
- Just scroll over the album that you want to remove.
- Click on the three dots that will appear on the album.
- After that, click on Remove from history.
Note: You will have to re-login on the app to allow the settings to work.
Change the music quality
You can also alter the music quality in the Amazon Music app. To do so, follow the steps given below.
In the app
The steps are as follows.
- Tap on the icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, select the Mobile networks stream quality, which is located under PLAYBACK heading.
- After that choose the quality of music from the three options that are given — Auto(which is selected by default), Best Quality, Fastest Streaming.
Note: Fastest Streaming will have the lowest quality but with minimal data cost. On the other hand, Best Quality will use more data but will deliver the best quality of music.
On the computer
The steps are different when you are operating on the computer. Follow the steps given below.
- Login to the website of Amazon Music.
- At the bottom left of the menu, click on the user name.
- On the pop-up menu, select Streaming audio quality.
- You will be shown four options — Auto(default), High, Medium, Low. Select one of them and then save the settings.
How to download songs for offline listening?
You can download songs from Amazon Music for future use. The downloaded songs do not require data, thus an excellent option for travelling and for times when the internet is inaccessible. To download the music, follow the steps given below.
Follow the steps given below.
- Tap on the three dots, which is present on the right side of every song.
- After that, tap on Download option.
You can access the downloaded music from the My Music option, which is located on the bottom right of the screen.
Also read: Top 5 free music streaming apps for Android
The Editorial Coordinator at Candid.Technology, Hemant has a keen interest in social issues, philosophy, religion, conspiracy theories, cricket and technology. He writes as well as makes sure the editorial functions smoothly.
You can contact Hemant on email: [email protected] or call: +91-522-4333653