T-Mobile error 0 may appear on your device when you try to send a text message. Many users have reported this issue and as of now, there is no official word from the company on how to resolve this issue.
People have reported that they are seeing this error while trying to send an SMS from any messaging app apart from the default ones on their device. Also, only Android users are the ones seeing the error, iPhone users are still safe.
As there are no official steps, we’ll try some general ones to fix the error. But before moving on with the fixes, let us first understand the reasons why you may be seeing error 0.
What are the reasons for T-Mobile error 0?
Here are some of the possible reasons why you may be getting a ‘Can’t send message with T-Mobile: error 0’:
- Incorrect number format: One user on Reddit diagnosed the issue and found that when you use an incorrect number format, you will receive this particular error.
- Minor bugs in your device: Sometimes, minor bugs cause issues such as this one.
- Cache build-up: Cache builds up gradually and often leads to various errors on your device.
- Faulty network settings: Have you recently changed your device’s network settings? If yes, then you should revert it back to default.
- Weak signal: Usually, you can send texts on a weak signal. But if there is no signal or you are out of the coverage range, then you might witness error 0.
Also read: How to fix Zelle error code 2900?
How to fix ‘Can’t send message with T-Mobile: Error 0’?
Here are some steps you can take to fix the error:
Restart the phone
Sometimes, the simple solutions are the best ones. What can be more simple than restarting the phone? Well, many users have reported that they just rebooted the phone and it worked.
Just give it a try and see if you can also resolve this error. Even the T-Mobile messaging support page lists restarting your phone as the first point while troubleshooting message-related errors.
Resolve your mobile signal issues
As we have explained earlier, a very weak signal might result in error 0 while sending text messages. So, move to an area where there is good signal strength or wait for the signal strength to return to optimal before sending messages.
Turn off 5G on your mobile
Users on Reddit have reported that when they have turned off 5G on their mobile, they could send messages easily.
Here are the steps to disable 5G on Android:
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile network.
- Now, tap on Preferred network type and then select LTE.
The steps to disable 5G will depend on your mobile’s model and Android version.
Ensure that the number format is correct
We have already mentioned that a wrong number format will result in error 0. So, ensure that the number format is correct. Use 00[country code] or +[country code] followed by the mobile number. Any other number format will not work.
For example, if your country is the US, then you will enter 001 0r +1 before the mobile number.
Clear cache and cookies
As we have explained earlier, corrupt cache and cookies can cause several issues with the app. So, you should clear the cache of your messaging app to ensure a seamless service.
Here are the steps to clear the cache:
- Go to Settings > Apps > See all apps.
- Now, select Messages > Storage and cache > Clear cache.
Additional methods to fix error 0
- Ensure that you have at least 15% free space on your mobile.
- Turn on Airplane mode for a while and then turn it off.
- Update your Android OS.
Also read: How to fix Check Cable Signal on Monitor?
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Here are some FAQs on the topic:
What is error 0 when sending SMS?
Error 0 can be caused due to various factors such as restriction on your account, weak signal, or corrupt cache issues.
Why is T-Mobile not letting me send messages?
The first step that you should take is to check whether the number that you are trying to send the messages isn’t blocked. Next, restart your device. Also, update your Android OS and clear the messaging app cache.
Also read: What is T-mobile Edge?