Facebook started as a social networking site in 2004 and since has turned into one of the top names The social network also released a slew of features that make the platform more engaging; these include the Story feature, video sharing or video calls, creating groups, connecting businesses, among others.
One of the most used features on Facebook is arguably its birthday reminder, which helps in keeping tabs on an important date; and if somehow you have entered the wrong birthday in your profile, or maybe want to see who all remembers your birthday and test them by adding a false alarm on FB we have got you covered below is the guide that will help you in changing your date of birth on Facebook.
How to change the date of birth on Facebook via Desktop?
Step 1: Open your Facebook account and click on the Profile button at the top bar menu of the screen.
Step 2: On the Profile page hover down and click on About button below the profile picture.
Also read: How to change your gender on Facebook?
How to change the date of birth on Facebook via mobile App?
Open the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to change the DOB on Facebook.
- Go to your profile by clicking the Profile button (Facebook Dp) on the top left corner of the screen.
- On the next window, tap on the three-dotted horizontal line near the blue Add to story button.
- This will open your profile settings, now hit the Edit Profile button (pencil icon) at the top.
- Under Edit Profile scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click the Edit Your About Info button.
- Now go to Basic Info heading on the follow-up window and hit the Edit controller.
- Now tweak your Facebook DOB by selecting the accurate information under Birthday (Day/Month) and Birth Year.
- Click the Save button once you’re done.
Facebook only lets you change the DOB twice or thrice and if you exploit them all then there is a high possibility that you will be stuck with a wrong birth date on the site.