If you want to change the language on Google or Apple Maps app on your iPhone but aren’t able to figure out how, we’ve got you covered. Here are two methods that will help you change the language on iPhone maps.
Both the methods require you to go to the iPhone’s settings, but one of them changes the language system-wide. Check them out and see which one works for you.
How to change language via Apple Maps Settings?
You can’t change the language on Apple Maps via the app settings to any one particular language. Still, there is a workaround so that Maps uses the available default language of that country to mark locations and show directions. To change your iPhone maps language, open your phone’s settings and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Scroll down and tap on Maps.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on the toggle button beside Always in English to turn it off.
- Once you’ve turned that off, go to the Apple Maps app, and you’ll find that local languages have been used as markers, wherever available.
Also read: How to delete albums in iPhone?
How to change language settings on the iPhone?
Another method to change the language on Apple Maps, as well as Google Maps on your iPhone, is to change the default language settings of your iPhone system-wide.
This method will not only change the language on Google Maps and Apple Maps on iPhone, but will also change the language across your phone, wherever the selected language is supported.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on Language & Region.
- Then tap on iPhone Language.
- From the list of 45 available languages (at the time of writing), choose the one that you want.
- Then confirm your selection by clicking on Change to Hindi (or your chosen language).
The language on Maps apps on the iPhone will also change to your selected language.