If for some odd reason your phone is displaying content in a language you didn’t set or you’ve changed the language of your iPhone, iPad or iPod accidentally, changing it back to your desired one will only take a few minutes.
In this article, we’re going to help you change the language on your iPhone, iPad and iPod, followed by a guide to help you set your preferred language list.
Changing the language on iPhone, iPad or iPod
Open your iPhone’s settings and follow the steps mentioned below to change the language.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on Language & Region.
- Then tap on iPhone Language.
- From the list of 45 available languages (at the time of writing; including various dialects), choose the one that you want.
- Then confirm your selection by clicking on Change to Hindi (or your chosen language).
As soon as you update the language, your device will automatically start showing everything in the selected language. As mentioned above, you can use the same guide to change the language of your iPad or iPod too.
How to set language preference on your iPhone?
You can also set a preferred list of languages that apps and websites can show their content if supported. This is especially useful even when the language that an app supports isn’t directly supported by your iPhone.
On the same Language & Region page, follow the steps below to select preferred language order.
- You can check the list of preferred language under Preferred Language Order.
- If you want to add another language to the list, tap on the Add Language option.
- Then from the list of languages you can select the one you want to add to the list. Note that in addition to the 45 languages (including dialects) supported by the iPhone, you can also select one from the Other Languages list or just search for one using the box at the top.
Once you’ve set preferred language order, apps and websites that you access through the device will use the first language in the list that it supports. Your device’s preferred language order doesn’t hamper the iPhone language that you set above.
Yatharth believes social media is the coolest thing to have happened to humankind — connecting across borders. He writes about Apple, gaming and social platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]