One of the most important aspects of a profile on any of the social networks is the user’s profile picture, also known as, display picture as it not only helps in identifying users but also adds a little personality to their digital profile overall.
Profile pictures are all the rage and everyone wants to look their best in them and some people even display their artwork and photography skills here.
In this article, we’re going to explain how to change your Twitter profile picture via its website on PC or Android and iOS apps.
Also read: How to save pictures from Twitter?
How to change your Twitter profile picture on PC?
Log into your account on Twitter.com and follow the steps mentioned below to change your profile picture.
Step 1: Click on the Profile option from the side panel to the left. On your profile page, click on the Edit profile button to the right of your profile picture.
Step 2: On the next page, click on the camera icon overlay on your profile picture. You can also tap on the camera icon overlayed on the header image to change that too.
Step 3: Now, select an image from your PC that you want to upload as your new Twitter profile picture and then click on the Open button at the bottom-right of the explorer window.
Step 4: Then click on the Save button at the top-right of the edit profile page.
Your Twitter profile picture will now be updated; refresh the page to confirm the changes. As mentioned above, you can also change the header image of your account using the steps above, barring one.
Also read: How to see connections on LinkedIn?
How to change your Twitter profile picture on iOS or Android?
Open the Twitter app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to change the profile picture.
- Tap on the hamburger (triple horizontal bars) menu icon.
- From the options that appear on the side panel to the left, tap on Profile or tap on your profile picture.
- On your profile page, tap on Edit profile.
- On the next page, tap on the camera icon overlay on your profile picture. You can also tap on the camera icon overlayed on the header image to change that too.
- Now, select an image from your media library that you want to upload as your new Twitter profile picture.
- On the next page, crop the image and adjust it using the pinch gesture so that it fits as you want it to look inside the circle as that’s how it’ll appear throughout Twitter. Then tap on Apply at the top-right of the page (refer to the screenshot below).
- On the next page, use any one of the five filters from the toolbar at the bottom of the page (detailed below) and tap on the Done button.
- The new profile picture will now appear on the Edit profile page.
- Tap on the Save button at the top-right of the page.
The Edit photo page allows you to auto-touch the photo, apply filters, crop or rotate it, insert emoticons or a description (using Alt) that will be useful for people with vision loss as it’ll make the photo more accessible to them.