Twitter is a popular social media platform and commands respect amongst the intellectual and the media fraternity. This social media website popularised the hashtag feature — replicated on various other platforms like Instagram and more recently Mastodon — through which you can post your thoughts on the popular trending topic.
Similar to your name in real life, usernames are the unique identifiers that differentiate you from the crowd. However, unlike the real deal, identities on these sites can be changed at will. If you are looking to change your Twitter handle, also known as username, here is a simple guide to help you do so via the website on a PC or the Twitter app.
Change Twitter handle on the app
To change the Twitter handle via the app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Twitter app and then click on the profile picture at the top left.
- Now, tap on the Settings and privacy option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings and privacy menu, tap on the Accounts option at the top, just below your current username.
- After that, tap on your username or handle.
- Write a new user name and then tap on Save.
Also read: How to make your Twitter account private?
Change Twitter handle via the Twitter website
If you are using the Twitter website, you can follow the steps mentioned below to change your username.
Step 5: After you have changed the username, click on the Save button to confirm the change.
Easy right! Hope you liked the article? For more such articles on Twitter, so visit our Tech Basic section.
Also read: How to make a thread on Twitter?