Yelp is a well-known app for reviewers, but consumers aren’t the only ones who are using Yelp, the business owners who are getting reviewed can also manage their listings on the platform. You can either add your business to Yelp’s listing or claim your business if it’s already listed on Yelp.
Claiming Yelp’s business listing allows the owners to upload photos and business information like open hours and phone numbers, respond to reviews, take customer appointments, let them get quotes or answer their queries, among other things to connect better with the Yelp community. Business owners can also track metrics such as clicks, calls, page visits, customer leads, Yelp ad click leads, among other tools to analyse your business’ growth via Yelp and put an effort to engage more.
Here we’ve put together a simple guide to help you claim your business page listing on Yelp via the website or app.
Also read: How to delete your Yelp account? For consumers and business owners
How to claim a business on Yelp via the website on PC?
Yelp has a separate website for Yelp for Business Owners. You can either login there or continue following the steps mentioned below via your normal account, but you’ll eventually have to use the business owner’s platform to make use of the tools anyways.
Step 1: Go to your business page listing that you wish to claim. If it’s unclaimed, you’ll see a label beside the name of the place that reads ‘Unclaimed’. Tap on the Claim this business option that appears to the right of the page below the images. Step 2: On the next page, Yelp will enquire to verify your ownership via the phone number specified on the business listing page or your current/work email address. Click on the option that’s easier for you and follow the instructions after that. Also read: How to leave a Yelp review with photos?
How to claim a business on Yelp via the app?
- Go to your business page listing that you wish to claim and tap on the Unclaimed label below the business’ rating.
- From the slide-up menu, click on Claim this business.
- On the next page, Yelp will enquire to verify your ownership via the phone number specified on the business listing page or your current/work email address.
- Click on the option that’s easier for you and follow the instructions after that.
What if the Unclaimed label doesn’t appear on the business listing?
If you don’t see the Unclaimed label or an option to claim the business, either of the following two possibilities might be accurate.
- The business page listing has already been claimed by someone else or you via a different email address.
- The business page listing was recently submitted and is pending approval.
If you fail to claim your business on Yelp using phone verification, you’ll see a prompt that’ll need you to submit a report to the Yelp support team, where you’ll need to enter your business details.
Also read: How to delete your IRCTC account?