Airtel is a third largest Delhi-based Indian telecommunication service provider behind Jio and Vodafone-Idea. In this article, we will be talking about how to reach Airtel customer care to help solve any connectivity issues.
We will also be talking about enabling services like DND ( do not disturb) for a spam-free mobile experience and have also listed out all the relevant USSD codes to help you check your Airtel balance, net balance and activate or deactivate various services on offer by the telco.
The main reason for Airtel surviving the telecom wars was its excellent customer service and a three-month free subscription for Netflix (Airtel Thanks Platinum users).
There are a lot of ways to reach Airtel. They have a 24-hour call centre that can be reached by dialling 121/111. Dial +234 802 150 0111 or +234 802 150 0121 if you are not an Airtel user or if you are abroad. One can also contact airtel through their email [email protected]
But one of the best ways to resolve any issues that you have is to go to My Airtel app. You can check your due amount, plans available, offers, data usage, and also change plans. My Airtel app offers a plethora of services with a seamless user interface.
Do Not disturb Services
No one likes to receive random messages from companies about promotional offers. Airtel provides DND services so that companies can’t send you spam text messages.
To turn on DND services, send a text message to 1909 saying START DND. To turn off DND services, send a text message to 1909 saying STOP DND. Once you’ve turned on the DND services, you’ll stop receiving spam promotional calls.
Airtel USSD codes
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is a communication protocol used by telecom companies. These codes are used to send information to the user by the telecom organization. Each company has a different set of USSD codes here is a list of USSD codes used by Airtel.
- 121: Customer Care
- 123: Recharging phone for Special Five Service
- 198: For Complaints
- 1909: Activate / Deactivate DND Service
- *121#: To get Offers Available for Your Number
- *121*4#: For Value-Added Services
- *121*6#: Manage Dish TV Account ( If registered with current mobile number )
- *121*7#: For Last 5 Transactions and Value Added Services
Airtel USSD Codes for Balance and Validity
- *123#: For Balance and Validity inquiry; including net balance
- *123*1#: For Airtel to Airtel Mins Balance
- *123*2#: For Local SMS Balance Check
- *123*6#: For Local Airtel to Airtel Night Minutes Balance
- *123*7#: Check Free Local, STD SMS Balance
- *123*8#: Check Free STD Minutes Balance
- *123*10#: Check Free 2G Data Balance
- *123*11#: Check 3G Data Balance
Airtel USSD Codes for Services
- 543211: For Hello Tunes Service (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543212: For Airtel Live Services (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543213: For Airtel Music Station (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543214: For Background Music During Call (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543215 – For Song Catcher (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543216: Chat With Friends (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- 543217: For Contests (Will Charge Rs. 6 per minute)
- *141#: For Airtel Gifting Service (Share Talktime, Ask for Talktime, Call me back)
- *222#: For Special 5 Offers (Will Charge all offers at Rs. 5 per day)
- *321#: For Airtel Live Services (Services like Music, Movies, Cricket, Astrology, News, etc.)
- *325#: For Free Facebook Access (Will Charge Rs. 1 per day)
A tech enthusiast, driven by curiosity. A bibliophile who loves to travel. An Engineering graduate who loves to code and write about new technologies. Can’t sustain without coffee.
You can contact Nischay via email: [email protected]