You are in a crowded place when you hear your iPhone’s ringtone and reach for your pocket. But your phone isn’t ringing. Given the rise in iPhone sales over the years and iPhone owers’ tendency to stick with the default ringtone, the problem described above is quite common. So, how do you stop reaching for your iPhone when someone else’s device is ringing?
Well, you get a new ringtone for your iPhone, and unlike other methods, this article will help you create a customised ringtone for your device without using Itunes or buying a ringtone from the Itunes store.
So without wasting any more time, let’s get you a new ringtone.
Also read: How to hide and unhide apps on your iPhone?
How to create a personalised ringtone for your iPhone for free?
Although there are several ways of creating customised ringtones for your iPhone, we will be focusing on a method that uses the Garageband app and Safari to get the job done.
To create a customised ringtone for your iPhone, you can follow the steps given below:
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Search for a download link for the song you are looking for and Download the same.
- Open the GarageBand application on your iPhone.
- Click on the + icon on the top right corner.
- Click on Audio Recorder.
- Tap on the three broken lines icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on the blue triangle icon in the top right corner.
- Click on the + icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Section A.
- Toggle off the button next to Automatic, increase the count in front of Manual to 12 by clicking on the up arrow and then click on Done.
- Tap on the circular icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Files and then click on Browse items from the Files app.
- Press and hold the song you downloaded from the list.
- Place the song in the audio editor, which opens when you press and hold the song.
- Click on the audio file to display the editing handlebars.
- Adjust the left handlebar as per your liking to define the song’s starting point.
- Drag the edited song to the start of the editing window.
- Adjust the right handlebar to define the ending of your ringtone.
- Click on the triangle icon on the top left corner and click on My Songs.
- Press and hold on to the song you created to open the options menu and click on Share.
- Click on Ringtone.
- Enter the name of the ringtone and press Export.
- Click on OK in the pop-up window.
- Head to Settings on your device.
- Click on Sounds and Haptics.
- Click on Ringtone.
- Select the ringtone you created.
A tech enthusiast, driven by curiosity. A bibliophile who loves to travel. An Engineering graduate who loves to code and write about new technologies. Can’t sustain without coffee.
You can contact Nischay via email: [email protected]