Google Form is a great way to organise and distribute the survey. Whether you work for some company or are doing research, conducting surveys are the primary source of collecting relevant information and data. Gone are the days when you had to move out on the street asking each person individually. In this digital world, everything is just a few clicks away. So, why not use this technology for your benefit? Here we explain how you can create and send a survey in Google Form on a PC in nine simple steps.
Creating a Google Form on PC in 9 steps
Step 1: Go to https://docs.google.com/ and then sign in with your Google account.
Step 2: Click on Blank to start making the form from the very beginning. You can also select other templates from here.
Step 3: Now, name your survey by clicking on the Form description option. Form description should be accurate and must clearly describe what the survey is about. Step 4: Now here you can add questions. Click on the Question button and then write the question. Step 5: Next, select the pattern of the form. The pattern can be anything from a short answer type or linear choices. To select the format, click on the tab titled Multiple Choice and then select as per your requirement. Let us take a look at various options that you can select from.
- Multiple choice: This is the most popular survey format and therefore is the default option. Here, you give several choices to the person and they can tick the choice that resonates the most.
- Checkboxes: Checkboxes are similar to multiple-choice, but with a difference that in checkboxes, users can select multiple answers.
- Drop-down: As the name suggests, here, the recipient will have to click on the option and a drop-down menu will open.
- Linear scale: Here, the recipient can answer questions on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Date and Time: The recipients can select a date and time in the answers. Usually, this is good for the medical field.
- Short answers and paragraph: This is the most open form of answers that you can get for your survey. Needless to say, the discretion lies with the recipients whether or not to answer what really is on their mind.
Now that you have selected the format, write the answer options. If a certain answer is necessary for your survey, toggle on the Required button at the bottom. Similarly, to delete the option, press the dustbin icon button and to duplicate the option press the Duplicate button. Step 6: Now that you have written the answers, it is time for some add-ons. On the right side of the menu, you will see several options, which we’ve discussed below. You can select a relevant one out of the options if needed.
- Plus button: Press this button to add more questions to the survey.
- Import Questions: If you want to import questions from some other survey that you have created, click on this option.
- Title and Description (Tt): With this option, you can add section title and description to the survey.
- From the next two buttons, you can add images and videos to the survey.
- Add section: Here, you can add a section to your survey.
Step 7: Now, it is time for some aesthetics for your Google form. Click on the Customise theme option at the top to select a form image for the header, theme colour, background colour and font style. Step 8: Click on the gear icon for additional tweaks to your survey. If you want to collect the emails of the respondents, then select the Collect email addresses option. If you want the respondents to get a copy of the form, tick on Response receipts. If you turn on the Requires sign-in option, the respondents will have to sign in with their Google account to fill the survey. Similarly, if you want the respondents to edit the survey after submitting the result, tick mark on Edit after submit under the Respondent can: sub-heading. Look at the screenshot above.
If you want the survey to be in a Quiz form, then click on the Quizzes option at the top and then turn on the toggle besides Make this a quiz. When you are done with the tweaks, click on Save option at the bottom right. Step 9: Finally, click on Send to send the survey via email or link. You can also embed the Google Form that you have created. If you want to add the name of the collaborators, click on Add collaborators from the bottom left. Also read: How to create and embed Google Form in Gmail, WordPress and a website?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.