Google Forms are a great way to create and distribute surveys. Gone are the days of door-to-door and telephone surveys, where the response time was high, and it took a lot of work. Google Forms can help you quickly create a survey and then embed it to your website or send it as an email. In the current day, where everyone usually has a mobile handset, this method is swift.
Surveys are helpful if you want to know the public opinion regarding a product or anything that you are currently researching. Knowing public opinion allows you to upgrade your products and services as per the demands of the market. Therefore, the survey method is used by most of the companies –big and small to know about the current market trends.
If you are an owner of a company or are researching on any subject requiring the public opinion, we will explain how you can embed the Google Forms in the emails and on your website. We will also explain how you can create the Google Form.
Create a Google Form
To create a Google Form, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to Google Forms and sign in with your Google account.
- Once you are logged in, either select the templates that are given to you or click on the plus button to start a new form.
- Now, write the title as well as response questions in the form. You can select from a range of styles for your form.
Now, you have created a Google Form. You can customise your form by adding title, video and image, among others. Look at the screenshot above to get an idea.
Also Read: How to change your Gmail password?
Embed a Google Form
Now that you have created a Google Form, we will now explain how you can embed the forms on various platforms.
How to embed Google Form in an Email?
If you notice the screenshot above, you can see the SEND option on the top-right corner of the screen. Click on the SEND option, and you will see the window which you see below.
You will notice that there are three options in the Send via tab — the first option is the Email. Now, follow the instructions given below.
- Enter the Email of the person.
- Enter the Subject. Remember, the subject should be precise and clear.
- Fill in the message and then tick mark the box mentioning Include form in email.
- Click on Send option.
The form is sent to the Email, and to the Email owner, looks somewhat like this.
How to embed Google Form in WordPress?
The process is the same as we have mentioned above. To embed the Google Forms in WordPress, follow the instructions given below.
- Complete the Google Form and then click on SEND.
- Now, instead of selecting the email option, select the Embed HTML option, as shown in the screenshot above.
- Go to the text editor/ HTML and then paste the link.
- If you publish or preview the article, you can see the form, as is evident from the screenshot above.
Note: Mere copying the link to the visual editor will not do the trick. It will just copy the link and will open the link in the new tab.
How to embed Google Form in a website?
If you want to embed Google Form on a website, you will have to follow the same process as we have mentioned above in the WordPress. Just embed the HTML code of the form in the website code, and you are good to go.
We hope that with this tutorial, you will be able to embed Google Forms in a variety of platforms.
We will bring more such tutorials in the future. Did you like the article? Do comment in the space below.