Facebook needs no introduction. It is one of the most widely used social media platforms in the world. Facebook also owns other services such as Whatsapp and Instagram, among others, and has created an interconnected ecosystem.
Since billions of people use Facebook, you can use the platform for your own and your business’ good. By creating a poll, you can know the general perception of the people, including their views about your product or services that you are offering. The poll also helps in keeping the community engaged, which is helpful for the page branding.
In this article, we will explain how you can create a poll on Facebook.
Also read: How to schedule a post on Facebook?
How to create a poll on Facebook?
There are three Facebook venues where you can create poll — Group, Page, Story. We will discuss each of them in detail.
Note: As per Facebook, you cannot create a poll from your News Feed or timeline.
Create a poll in a group
To create a poll in a group, follow the instructions given below.
- Sign in to Facebook.
- Select a group from the left menu.
- Once you are inside the group page, click anywhere in the box which mentions Write Something… (as shown in the screenshot above).
- From the menu, select the Poll option.
- Enter the question followed by the answer alternatives.
- You can untick the Allow people to choose multiple options from the Poll option if you want each person to select a single option as an answer.
- Also, if you do not want others to add the answer alternatives, then go to Poll option and then untick on Allow anyone to add options. In this way, only you can add the options to the poll.
- Similarly, if you want to schedule the post for a later date or time, click on the clock icon and then select the date and time.
- When you are done, click on the Post option to share the poll.
Also read: Top 7 Facebook video downloaders
Create a poll on the page
You can create a poll on the page that you are an administrator or editor. To create a survey on a Facebook page, follow the instructions given below.
- Sign in on Facebook and then select the group from the left menu.
- When you are on the page, click on the Write a post… block.
- After that, click on the three-dots to see additional options.
- Now, select the Poll option.
- Write the question and then give the answer alternatives. You can provide a maximum of two options, unlike on the group where you can add more options. Also, note that you can type a maximum of 25 letters in each answer option.
- Now, select the clock option where you have four options to set the poll life — 1 hour, 1 week, Never, Custom. (In the screenshot above, we have selected the Custom option).
- After that, click on the Share now option and from the drop-down menu, select the timing of the poll — Now, Backdate or Save draft. The options are self-explanatory.
- When you are finished, click on the Share Now option at the end. (Before doing that, you can also preview the poll by clicking on the Preview option).
Note: You cannot boost the polls on a page.
Create a poll in a story (Facebook app on Android as well as iOS)
You can also create a poll on your story, follow the steps given below.
- Open your Facebook profile and then tap on Add to story.
- Now, scroll right and then tap on Poll.
- Enter the question and then tap on Next option at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Set the privacy or change the effects by tapping on the Privacy and Effects options at the bottom left.
- When you are done, click on Share to Story.
We hope this article was helpful and answered your queries. Want more of such how-to’s and guides? Do visit our Tech Basic section.
Also Read: How to add an admin to your Facebook page?