Snapchat is a social media app that sees north of 210 million daily visitors from all over the world. Just like every other social media platform, Snapchat provides us with options of removing the friends. Deleting friends can be useful if you want to get away from the toxicity of social media applications.
Here we explain two methods of how you can delete friends on Snapchat.
But before that, a few points that you should remember before removing the friends on Snapchat.
- Even if you remove your friend from Snapchat, they can still view your publicly shared contents. However, as far as your private contents are concerned, that will remain invisible to the friends that you have removed.
- The friends that you have removed can still chat and snap you. This depends on your privacy settings. To change this, you can go to Settings and then tap on the Who can… option. Here, you can customise your settings.
- When you remove a friend, you cannot see them on the Discover screen.
Now, let us move on with the process.
Also read: How to block someone on YouTube?
How to delete friends on Snapchat?
Following are the two methods using which you can delete friends on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and then right swipe to go to the Friends screen.
- Here, long tap on the name of the friend that you want to delete and a menu will open up from the bottom.
- Now, tap on the More option from that menu.
- Here, you can now tap on the Remove Friend option.
- Open Snapchat app and then swipe right to go to the Friends screen.
- On the bottom tab, tap on the Chat option.
- Now, tap on the profile picture of the friend that you want to delete.
- After that, tap on the three-dot button at the top right of the screen.
- On the menu that will open after you have pressed the three-dot button, tap on Remove Friend.