Happn is a location-based online dating app that only matches you with people you have actually crossed paths with in real life. The app came out all the way back in February 2014 and has garnered over 70 million users since.
The app takes a fresh and unique approach to online dating, which has been one of the leading causes of its popularity. Unlike sitting at your house and swiping on a card stack, you only ever get to talk to someone you have walked by and probably noticed, in real life.
However, if for whatever reason this idea doesn’t work out for you, you can always pause or hide your Happn account. If you just want to be done with the app though, you can even delete your Happn account using the guide below.
Also read: How to create a Tinder account?
How to delete your Happn account?
If you’ve decided that you’re done with the app altogether, here’s how you can permanently delete your Happn account.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom-right of the app screen.
- Then tap on App Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the My data option.
- Tap on the Delete my account option
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on Delete your Account option.
And that’s how you can delete your Happn account. Keep in mind though that you will need to start over from scratch if you decide to hop on to the app again after deleting your account.
Also read: How to see who likes you on Tinder?
How to deactivate your Happn account?
Deactivating your account will hide you from everyone but you’ll still be able to talk to people you’ve already matched with even after you’ve paused your account.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom-right of the app.
- Then tap on App Settings
- Scroll down to find the Pause my account setting
- Tap on it and your account will be immediately paused.
As an alternative, you can also choose to make your account invisible which lasts eight hours.