Facebook’s Messenger is the all-encompassing messaging app by Facebook which is how users majorly communicate with each other on the platform.
It has everything you’d expect from a messaging app including the ability to chat, send voice notes and media along with video and voice calls as well. The app also has several privacy-related features including the option to delete previously send photos.
In this article, we’re talking about how to delete previously sent photos on Facebook Messenger.
Also read: How to change your gender on Facebook?
Deleting photos sent on Messenger app
The process itself is pretty much the same as we’ve seen in most other messaging apps. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Messenger and head over to the chat where you want to delete the image from.
- Tap and hold on the image. You’ll see a bunch of options. Tap on the Remove icon in the bottom right.
- You’ll see two options here.
- Unsend: Selecting this will remove the image for both the participants in the chat and delete it completely.
- Remove for you: Selecting this will remove the image only on your end.
Select the one you want and you’re good to go.
Also read: How to change the date of birth in Facebook?
Deleting sent photos on Messenger from the browser
If you’re browsing Facebook from the browser, here are the steps you need to follow.
Step 1: Head over to the chat where you want to delete the image from.
Step 2: Hover over the image and click on the three horizontal dots that appear.
Step 3: Click on Remove.
Step 4: As aforementioned in the process above, you’ll see two options to either Unsend for everyone or Remove for you. Pick the option you want and click on Remove.
Also read: Can people see if I take a screenshot of their Facebook profile picture?
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars.
You can contact him here: [email protected]