Telegram is a cloud-based messaging app that has garnered attention in recent years. With over 200 million active user base and some of the great privacy features which the app provides, Telegram has created a niche user base for itself in the face of popular services and tough competitors like WhatsApp. In any case, if you are bored with too much social media engagement and want to take a break, we are here to explain how to delete your Telegram account. There are two ways to delete your Telegram account permanently.
Delete account after a period of inactivity
You can use this method if you want to delete Telegram account, but not immediately. Here, you will have to provide a time frame within which, if you are not active on Telegram, then the account will be deleted automatically.
To use this approach, follow the steps given below.
- On the top left corner of the screen, tap on the three-line menu button.
- In the drop-down menu, tap on Settings.
- Now, select the Privacy and Security option.
- Here, click on Delete my account if away for option.
- Select the time period — 1 month, 3 months, 6 months,1 year. As you can see, the minimum time limit to delete the account is 1 month.
- Once selected, you will have to be away from Telegram for the time selected previously, and voila! your account will be deleted.
Also Read: Top 7 Telegram channels for cryptocurrency
Delete account instantly
With this method, you can delete your account immediately. To use this method, follow the steps given below.
- Go to my.telegram.org from your computer or mobile.
- Enter your phone number with the correct country code. (Indian users can write +91 before entering their number)
- After entering the number, you will receive a message containing authorisation code on your Telegram.
- Enter the code in the space provided below the phone number.
- In another window, select Delete Account.
- After that, another window will open, where you will have to inform why are you deleting the account.
- Click on Delete My Account button.
Also Read: Top 11 Telegram bots
The Editorial Coordinator at Candid.Technology, Hemant has a keen interest in social issues, philosophy, religion, conspiracy theories, cricket and technology. He writes as well as makes sure the editorial functions smoothly.
You can contact Hemant on email: [email protected] or call: +91-522-4333653