If you are wondering how to get FL Studio on Chromebook, you are at the right place. FL Studio is a renowned digital audio workstation used by music producers worldwide.
While Chromebooks have their limitations when it comes to running traditional Windows or macOS applications, there are still ways to enjoy FL Studio’s features on your Chromebook.
In this guide, we’ll explore how you can get FL Studio on Chromebook.
Download FL Studio Mobile from Play Store
You will be pleased to know that FL Studio has the mobile version which you can download from the Play Store. This version works well on Chromebooks.
Here are the steps to download FL Studio Mobile:
Step 1: Click the launcher icon located at the bottom left of the screen and then click on Play Store to open it.
Step 2: Now, type FL Studio in the search bar at the top.
Step 3: Click on the first app you see — FL STUDIO MOBILE by Image Line.
Step 4: Note that this is a paid app. So, to download, you’ll first have to purchase the FL Studio app. You can do so within the Play Store by clicking on the purchase button on the next page (screenshot below).
Also read: How to go incognito on Chromebook?
Use Linux and Wine
Installing FL Studio on Chromebook using Linux requires a few steps:
- Go to Settings > Linux (Beta) > Turn on. After that follow any on-screen instructions if prompted.
- After enabling Linux, open the Terminal application on your Chromebook.
- Enter the following command to update the package list –
sudo apt update
- Next, install Wine by entering the following command –
sudo apt install wine
- Now, download FL Studio using the Chromebook’s web browser.
- Open Terminal again and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the FL Studio installer using the ‘cd’ command. Here’s an example –
- Execute the following command to start the FL Studio installation using Wine –
wine [filename].exe, where the filename is the actual name of the FL Studio installer file you downloaded.
To launch FL Studio using the Linux Terminal, use the following command –
Remember, if the above path is not correct, you can replace it with the file path to the FL Studio executable file on your Chromebook. The above steps are only for reference.
Also read: Refresh button on Chromebook explained
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Let us head to a few FAQs on the topic:
Can FL Studio run on a Chromebook?
Yes, you can run FL Studio on Chromebook. Although you must use Linux or CrossOver, you can still enjoy the application. Or, simply download the FL Studio Mobile app from the Play Store.
Can I run DJ software on a Chromebook?
Yes, you can run DJ software on Chromebooks. But, we suggest you go for a Windows or Apple laptop for a more seamless performance.
Also read: How to inspect element on Chromebook?