Youtube shorts was released last year to cater to the wide audience who like to watch shorter format videos on the go. Gone is the need for a whole setup to make a Youtube video. With Youtube shorts, you need a phone camera to create content and share it with billions of users.
Length of YouTube shorts
Youtube shorts can be anywhere between 15 seconds to 60 seconds in length. But there’s a catch. You can create a video between 15-60 seconds if you use stock audio or your audio. However, if you are using music from Youtube, then the length of the shorts is limited to 15 seconds.
Also read: How to set Youtube music video as alarm?
How will viewers find your YouTube Shorts?
There are three ways by which users can find your YouTube Shorts. These are as follows:
- On the Youtube app, viewers will find the Shorts icon at the bottom. Tapping on that icon will start the shorts video. format.
- Users will also find Youtube Shorts on the Youtube homepage.
- Recommendations for Youtube Shorts will also be available on the notifications.
- Youtube Shorts can also be found by checking the subscriptions page.
- And Youtube Shorts are also featured on your channel’s homepage.
How much money can you earn from YouTube shorts?
Currently, Youtube Shorts content creators do not earn money from advertisements. Instead, to help these creators, last year, Youtube launched a $100M Youtube Shorts fund. But has now updated its revenue share model to a 45% share of ads in the Shorts feed.
Also read: Why does YouTube keep pausing?
What are some of the best practices that you can use to make your YouTube Shorts more appealing?
Content is king. Just like regular Youtube videos, Youtube Shorts also require certain best practices to set up apart from the crowd.
Here are some of the best practices that you can use to tweak your Youtube Shorts videos:
- As the video format is very short, only 15 to 60 seconds in length, ensure that the first few seconds are captivating to the audience.
- Also, these shorts loop which means that unless the user scrolls to other shorts, the video will play on repeat. So, use this to your advantage and create content that users will want to see on repeat.
- Incorporate the latest trends in your videos to garner more audience.
We hope this article has cleared all your doubts regarding the length of Youtube Short videos.
Also read: How to fix error 400 on YouTube?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]