Android has many customisation options that can let you control any aspect of your phone, from your wallpaper, overall colour scheme to even the alarm tune you wake up to in the morning.
In this article, we’re looking at how you set a YouTube music video as your alarm.
Waking up to a YouTube music video
You don’t need any special apps to set a YouTube video as your alarm, but you need a premium YouTube Music Subscription. You can use other apps to set alarm sounds like Pandora or Spotify, which work with both free and paid versions.
We’ll be using the default Android app to set this alarm. If your phone runs stock Android (case in point, the Pixel 4a used in this article), you don’t need to download any third-party alarm apps. If your manufacturer has customised the alarm app, chances are you’ll find the settings similar, but if you don’t, you can always get Google’s clock app from the Play Store.
Follow these steps to set a video as your alarm.
- Head over to your Clock app and press the big + button to create a new alarm. You can also modify an existing alarm as well.
- Set the alarm time and tap OK.
- Once the alarm is created, tap the alarm sound icon.
- Here you’ll be able to see all the streaming apps available for alarm sounds. Just tap YouTube Music.
- Tap the search button to look for the video you want to use as an alarm sound. The app will also show you your last played tracks for setting up a tone quickly.
Also read: How to set an alarm for 10 minutes?