Instagram is one of the most popular and used social media, allowing its users to share their daily life moments with their friends and family, and it allows content creators and influencers to share their creative content with Instagram users worldwide.
Some people use the wrong date of birth, or sometimes, by mistake, you put the wrong date of birth while making your Instagram profile and realise it later. Luckily Instagram allows you to change your date of birth anytime you want.
In this article, we have discussed how to change your age on an Instagram account and in an Instagram account linked to Facebook.
Also read: Can you screen record Instagram Stories?
Changing your age on Instagram
If you want to change your age on Instagram then follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app and then tap on the Profile icon, located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button.
- On the next page, tap on the Personal Information Settings option.
- Under Personal information tap on your Birthday.
- Then edit your age and tap on the Right sign (in blue colour) at the top right corner of the screen.
Also read: What do the Instagram icons mean?
How to change your age in an Instagram account linked with Facebook?
If you have linked your Facebook account with your Instagram account then you can change your age on your Facebook account, and it will automatically get updated on your Instagram account.
To change your age on your Facebook account, follow the steps below:
- Open your Facebook app and tap on the Menu (triple horizontal lines) button.
- Tap on the See your profile option just below your name.
- On your profile page, tap on the Edit profile button.
- On the profile information page scroll down to the bottom and tap on Edit Your About Info option.
- On the next page, tap on the Edit button beside basic info.
- Tap on your birthday and birth year to change them, and then tap on the Save button.