Among Us has become a favourite over the past few months as more and more game streamers joined in and memes started making their way on social media channels. Quite popularly, the game is known to break friendships quicker than the card game of Uno.
Released in 2018, by Innersloth, the game has become one of the most popular multiplayer titles as it hit the top of the free games charts on Android and iOS in Q3 2020 and became the 11th most popular game title by player count on Steam.
If you’ve joined in recently too or have just hosted your first game but can’t figure out exactly how to customise the in-game settings or even the control and audio settings, we’ve you covered here.
Here we’ve explained how to change the game settings in Among Us, which includes player speed, vision and tasks, among other things, followed by a brief guide to help you change the control and sound settings in the game.
Also read: How to change your name in Among Us?
How to change the Game Settings in Among Us?
Launch Among Us on your Android, iOS, Windows or Mac device and follow the steps mentioned below to change your name in the game.
Step 1: On the homepage of the game, select your preferred mode — Local or Online. The following steps are the same for both the modes.
Step 2: Now click on the Create Game button below Host. As mentioned above, you can only change the game settings for a lobby that you host.
Step 3: Move your character to the laptop placed towards in the lobby and you’ll see that the Use button in the bottom-right corner changes to Customize. You can either click/tap on the computer or the Customize button to access the settings.
Step 4: On the Settings window that pops-up, click/tap on the Game tab towards the extreme right. You’ll now be able to see an array of game settings that you can customise based on your preferences.
- Confirm Ejects: You can toggle whether or not you want to know if the person ejected from the ship is an impostor or crew member.
- #Emergency Meetings: You can limit the number of emergency meeting every player can call during the game.
- Emergency Cooldown: This sets the time limit before another emergency meeting can be called after one has ended.
- Discussion Time: This sets the duration for discussing during emergency meetings.
- Voting Time: Following up on the point above, this sets the time limit to get all the votes during a discussion.
- Anonymous Votes: If you don’t want to know who voted whom, you can click on the checkbox beside this option and keep voting anonymous.
- Player Speed: You can control the speed of the game by increasing or decreasing the value here.
- Crewmate Vision: This sets the vision of the crewmates.
- Impostor Vision: This sets the vision of the impostors.
- Kill Cooldown: This sets the time limit before an impostor can kill someone else after killing a crewmate.
- Kill Distance: This sets the range of an impostor for killing crewmates.
- Visual Tasks: You can toggle this switch on or off if you want to or don’t want to have visual tasks. Visual tasks are a helpful clue in finding if someone is really completing a task or not.
- Task Bar Updates: This shows the progress of the tasks completed,
- #Common Tasks: The number of common tasks that you want the crewmates to have.
- #Long Tasks: The number of long tasks you want to assign the crewmates.
- #Short Tasks: The number of short tasks you want to assign the crewmates.
Using the different tabs in the same menu box, you can also customise your character’s colour, don a hat, or customise your appearance further with a pet or a skin (both require in-game purchase).
Also read: Top 7 games like Among Us that you should check out
How to change the Control and Sound settings in Among Us?
If you want to change the control from the joystick to touch or vice-versa, including the size of the on-screen controls, sound effects (SFX and music), and chat censor, click on the Gear (settings) icon at the top-right if you’re in a game lobby.
Alternatively, you can also find the same settings option on the bottom of the homepage.
Also read: How to have an invisible or blank name in Among Us?