Facebook is unarguably the biggest social networking website with over two billion monthly active users and since it covers a huge demographic from all over the world, it’s only natural for the platform to be available in scores of languages.
When you create a Facebook account, the same language that’s selected on your device is set to your default language on Facebook too. While, this would work for most of the people, it’s possible that either Facebook picked up the incorrect language or you simply want to change the primary language on Facebook.
In either case, here is how to change the language on Facebook through its website and app for Android or iOS. But before you go ahead, keep the following things in mind.
- Changing Facebook’s language doesn’t impact the default language of your device (computer or mobile).
- Changing the Facebook language on any one device doesn’t modify the language settings on another device where you’re logged into your account. For example, if you change the language on Facebook using your PC, it won’t change the language on your phone; you’ll need to do that yourself.
Also read: How to logout of Netflix on the iPhone?
How to change the language on Facebook.com on PC?
Login to your account on Facebook.com and follow the steps mentioned below to change the language.
Step 1: Click on the arrow (down) icon at the top-right corner and select Settings & privacy from the menu list.
Step 2: Then click on Settings.
Step 3: On the next page, tap on the Language and region option from the sidebar to the left. Then tap on the Edit button to the right of Facebook languge option.
Step 4: Then click on the arrow button beside the currently selected language under Show Facebook in this language and then select your preferred Facebook language from the list.
Step 5: Then click on the Save Changes button and your Facebook app will change to the selected language.
How to change the language on Facebook app for Android or iOS?
Open the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to change the language.
- Tap on the triple horizontal bar (hamburger) icon at the bottom-right of the app.
- Then tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Now choose the language to which you want to switch the Facebook app.
Also read: How to remove echo from Premiere Pro?