Sending gifts to loved ones via e-commerce shopping apps is pretty common nowadays. However, if you’ve made it a habit of sending gifts online via Amazon, chances are that you’ve accumulated a long list of addresses on your account. Now whether that’s the case, or you’re simply moving to a new place and wish to delete old addresses from your Amazon account, you’re at the right place.
Here you’ll find guides to delete addresses on Amazon using the website or smartphone app.
How to delete addresses on Amazon on PC?
Keep in mind that if you delete an address on Amazon, it won’t change the delivery address on any orders you may have open. You’ll need to go to your Orders page to change the delivery address.
Step 3: Now, you will see all the stored addresses on Amazon where you had shipped any product in the past. Go to the address you wish to delete and click on the Remove button underneath that address. The address will be deleted from your account instantly.
However, this doesn’t work if the address you’re trying to delete is the primary address.
Step 5: This will open an address form page where you can select or enter a new primary address. After adding a new address, hit the Update button.
Step 7: Finally, after hitting the update button, the window will take you back to the Your Addresses list. Now when you click the Remove button again, a pop-up will appear asking for confirmation.
Also read: How to cancel your Amazon order?
How to delete addresses on Amazon app?
If you have an Amazon app already installed on your mobile, then the same can be done from the app itself. All you need to do is to open the Amazon app and sign in to your account.
- Press the three horizontal line button at top left corner of the screen. (This button can also be found at the bottom right corner of the screen on some phones).
- Then tap on Your Account button.
- On the next page click on Your addresses button under Account Settings menu.
- A list of all your recorded Personal Addresses will appear.
- Tap Remove on the one you wish to delete.
- If it does not delete instantly. Its because it is a Primary address in such case click on the Blue text after the error text as shown in the screenshot above.
- This will open a address form page where you can select or enter a new primary address. After adding a new address hit the Update button.
- Or select any existing address as primary by taping on the selection bar at the top of the form.
- Finally after hiting the update button the window will take you back to the Your Addresses list. Now when you click the Remove button again a pop-up will appear asking for the confirmation. Press Yes to remove the Address permanently.
If your ordered item has already been shipped, you won’t be able to change the delivery address. In this scenario, you’ll have to cancel the order instead and then order it again to be shipped to the correct address.
Also read: How to remove order history from Amazon?