If you forgot your phone at home and wondering if it is possible to even forward calls without the phone with you. The answer is yes you can forward the calls to a different number, but only a few cell phone service providers allow call forwarding without the phone.
In this article, we have discussed how to forward calls without having the phone through different methods in a few simple and easy steps.
Also read: Phone won’t make calls but I can text: 9 Fixes
What are the different ways you can forward calls without having a phone?
There are two ways through which you can forward the calls without having the phone and they are mentioned below.
- Through the carrier’s website.
- Through the access number.
Forward call through the Carrier’s website
Some cell phone service providers like Verizon offers their users a call-forwarding page which allows them to enable call forwarding after providing the required details.
If you want to know how to forward calls through the Verizon website then follow the steps below.
- Go to the call forwarding page of Verizon. Sign in to your account, you must have manager privileges on the account to proceed.
- Find your phone and click on the Manage Device option.
- Scroll down and click on the Manage option under Call Forwarding.
- Enter the number including the area code on which you would like to receive the calls.
- Then click on the Update Call Forwarding Status.
Your calls will be forwarded to the number you have added until you turn off the feature manually.
Forward call through the Access number
Some cell phone service providers like AT&T have a Remote Call Forwarding feature, which you have to add manually to your monthly plan.
If you use AT&T and have activated the Remote Call Forwarding feature then follow the steps below to forward calls through the access number.
- Dial the access number which is provided when you add the Remote Call Forwarding feature to your plan.
- Now enter the number that you want to forward to another number.
- It will ask you for the access PIN, enter it.
- Dial 72#.
- Enter the number to which you want to forward the calls.
- It might ask you to verify the forwarding, if prompted then enter the forwarding number again.
Also read: Why is my Verizon phone dropping calls? 9 Fixes