Usually, Social Media platforms make it pretty clear whether someone has unfriended or blocked you; however, Snapchat makes the whole thing pretty discrete. So much so that if you aren’t looking, you might not even notice.
In this article, we’re going over four methods that you can use to confirm if someone has blocked or unfriended you on Snapchat.
Take a look at the chat Window
If someone has unfriended or blocked you, any snaps you sent will remain pending until they add you back. In such cases, you can try and send the person a snap to check if they’ve removed you as a friend or blocked you. Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap the chat icon. Alternatively, you can swipe right on the screen.
- Open the chat between you and the person you’re checking.
- If you see a message saying your chat will be pending until you’re added as a friend, it means you’ve been unfriended.
Also read: What does ‘Pending’ mean on Snapchat?
Check the snap score
A snap score is a numerical representation of how much a certain user uses Snapchat. Higher scores indicate high usage. However, only friends can see your snap score. This also means that if you can’t see someone’s snap score, they’ve removed you as a friend or even blocked you.
- Open Snapchat and tap the search icon at the top.
- Search for the friend you’re looking to check. Tap their bitmoji to open their profile.
- If you can see the snap score, you’re all good. Otherwise, you’ve either been blocked or removed as a friend.
Check your followers’ list
Just like most social media platforms, Snapchat also maintains a list of your friends. If someone has unfriended or blocked you, they’re not going to appear on this list.
- Open Snapchat and tap the profile icon in the top left.
- Under the Friends section, tap My Friends.
- Search for the person you’re trying to find. If you don’t see their name, they’ve unfriended you.
Try posting a story
This method isn’t exactly super effective, but it can give you an idea of whether or not you’ve been unfriended while posting a story at the same time.
All you have to do is post a story and later check the views you got. If the person you’re looking for isn’t on the viewer’s list, there’s a chance you might’ve been unfriended or even blocked.
How to unfriend someone on Snapchat?
So if you’ve decided that it’s your turn to slack off a few friends, open the Snapchat app and follow the steps mentioned below to unfriend them..
- Tap on the search option on the top.
- Search for the friend you want to remove and tap their bitmoji.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right.
- Tap on Remove friend.
Also read: What does Clear Cache mean on Snapchat?