While OTT platforms are great, they all require a subscription and it’s not viable for everyone to have all the dozens of subscription platforms auto-renewing. This has hence given way to media players like MX Player and unofficial yet arguably the most popular media sharing platform Telegram.
Both of these applications work best for those who can’t afford or don’t want to pay the subscription fees of different OTT platforms and are not able to find their favourite movie or series anywhere else on the internet.
In this article, we have discussed methods using which you can make use of the features of both these applications at the same time to watch video content in a high-quality format.
- How to play downloaded Telegram videos on MX Player?
- How to play Telegram videos on MX Player without downloading?
- An alternative way to play Telegram videos on MX Player without downloading
Also read: How to remove ads from MX Player?
How to play downloaded Telegram videos on MX Player?
Began as a messenger app Telegram has today become the go-to platform for downloading the latest movies and series within a few seconds of their launch from various Telegram channels.
If you want to know how to download video files of your favourite show on Telegram and then watch them using MX Player; refer to the step-by-step guide discussed below.
- Open the Telegram application on your device.
- Then on the search bar enter the name of movies or series you like to download.
- Now download the said video from a genuine link.
- As the download concludes; click on the three-dotted horizontal line button at the top right corner of the video source file.
- Then from the drop-down menu click on the Save to gallery button.
- Now open the MX Player app and go to the Local folder at the bottom left corner.
- Then scroll through the Folder menu and locate Telegram.
- Finally, inside the Telegram folder, find the movie you downloaded and Double click on the video to play.
Also read: How to download MX Player web series?
How to play Telegram Videos on MX Player without downloading?
Telegram allows its users to play a video file on the in-app video player, while such files are being downloaded on the back end. But this is not possible with encrypted links that must be downloaded before you can view them on a third-party app.
Having said that, not many are aware that you can also Stream Telegram videos or encrypted links without downloading them onto your device, which obviously will save a lot of internal storage of your gadget.
So, here is the step-by-step guide to help you through the process of streaming Telegram videos without downloading them using the Telegram bot.
- Open the Telegram application on your smartphone.
- Then tap on the Search Icon and Enter Direct Link Generator on the search bar.
- Now, open the channel that has bot written under its name.
- Next, click on the Start button to initiate generating direct links.
- The Telegram channel bot will ask you to send a Telegram file or valid URL for the video you wish to watch.
- To send a valid file to the bot; go to the channel on Telegram that has uploaded your favourite movie or series link.
- And Tap on the three-dots horizontal line bottom on the top right corner of the file.
- Select Forward from the listed options.
- Then choose the Direct link generator to the Forward the file to the Direct Link channel.
- Press the blue coloured link button given below the generated link.
- A pop-up will appear; from the prompt locate and select MX Player.
Your MX Player application will automatically read the link and run the tape on its platform.
Also read: How to use Telegram on PC?
An alternative way to play Telegram videos on MX Player without downloading
If you are unable to find the MX Player video streamer from the prompt on the online streaming link mentioned in the last step of the above guide, then you can refer to the alternative mentioned below.
- Now, instead of clicking the link once; Long tap on the bot-generated file to copy the link.
- Then, open the MX Player on your smartphone.
- Tap on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
- Choose Network Stream from the list of options under Local.
- You will see the copied link is already posted in the space provided for the URL. Simply tap on Ok to play the video.
Also read: How to join a private channel on Telegram?
Reader, Writer, Lawyer, Horse Rider. Vishal thinks he’s funny, unless you beer him; then he’s actually funny!