Created by Ben Silbermann, Pinterest has been around for more than a decade and boasts north of 300 million active users. Billions of Pins are created every day, and millions of boards shared among users.
If you’re new to Pinterest and are looking to hop on the bandwagon of creators on the platform or feel like joining in on the fun, here is how you can post on the Pinterest app and website in a few simple steps.
Also read: How to download pictures from Pinterest?
How to post on Pinterest app?
There are two ways to post on the Pinterest app — using your camera roll or a camera capture and via the internet.
Open the Pinterest app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to post on Pinterest.
- Tap on your profile picture icon and then on the + (plus) icon.
- Next, tap on Pin.
- On the next page, you can choose to click a photo using the camera icon, search the web for a photo or pick one from your phone’s photo gallery.
- Once you’ve chosen the photo you want to post on Pinterest, tap on the Next button at the top-right.
- On the next page, enter the pin’s Title, followed by the Description, Destination website and Alt Text.
- Then tap on the Next button at the top-right.
- On the next page, either select an existing board to add the pin or tap on the Create board option.
The selected photo will be posted on the Pinterest app.
Note: Consider adding Alt Text to your image as that helps search engines and Pinterest make your pin more accessible.
Also read: How to delete pins on Pinterest?
How to post on Pinterest on PC?
Login to your account on Pinterest.com and follow the steps mentioned below to post a pin.
Step 1: Hover over the + (plus) icon at the bottom-right of the page and select Create a Pin.
If hovering doesn’t work, click on the + (plus) icon and the extension pop-up will greet you.
You can also download the Pinterest browser extension using the Get our browser button option to pin images across the web.
Step 2: On the next page, you can either upload an image from your computer or search the web for one using the Save from site option. Then add the title, description, alt text and destination link. Choose the board and then click on the Next option beside it to post on Pinterest.
Also read: How to delete a board on Pinterest?