PS4 community is one of the most vibrant and diverse communities one could imagine. However, like every other forum, there are several black sheep here. Users face spam and abusive messages and unwanted friend requests on these platforms.
If you want to block or unblock someone on PS4, we have got you covered.
Block someone on PS4
To block someone on PS4, follow the steps given below:
- First, select Friends from the function screen.
- Now, select the person either by their online ID or from your All Friends list.
- Now, press More > Block to block the player and add them to the block list.
Alternatively, you can search the username of the person in the search box. When you find the person, select the profile and then press the three-dot button > Block.
Also read: Why is PS4 light white instead of blue?
Unblock someone on PS4
In case you want to unblock a player on PS4, follow the instructions given below:
- Select the Friends icon from the function screen.
- Go to OPTIONS > Players Blocked.
- Now, select the person that you want to unblock and then press Unblock.
Remember, if you want to add this newly unblocked player to your Friends list again, you will have to send a new friend request.
What happens when you block a player on PS4?
When you block a person on PS4, it limits their ability to do the following:
- View your profile, activity and personal information.
- Add you in other parties or watch your screen during Share Screen.
- If you and the person that you have blocked are in the same group, you can’t see each other’s messages.
- If you and the blocked person are in the same party chat, both of you can’t hear or see each other’s voice or screen.
Also read: How to tell if PS4 controller is charging?
How to limit players who can interact with you on PS4?
You can tweak the privacy settings for this purpose. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to Account Management of the device and then select the Privacy settings.
- Now, select a feature whose privacy settings you want to change and then press Edit. The PlayStation Network provides the following customisable features — Gaming | Media, Friends | Connections, Personal Info | Messaging.
- Select the privacy settings and then press Confirm to finalise the process.
How to report content on PS4?
If you feel that a certain content is not following internet etiquette, you can report that content. You can report these contents on PS4:
- Friend Requests
- Live broadcasts
- Players’ Profiles
- Party texts
- Game alerts
- What’s New updates
- Community content
To report the above contents, follow the instructions given below:
- First, highlight the content that you want to report or if it violates the Community Code of Conduct.
- Select OPTIONS and then press Report.
In conclusion, blocking someone becomes necessary when they are not following the community code. However, that does not mean that once you block them, they are blocked for life. When one learns their mistake, you can follow the steps mentioned above to unblock someone from PS4.