Liftmaster error code 1-5 is a serious error and is also known as the motor control error; this error occurs when the sensors don’t detect any moment in the door when you try to open them through the remote, and the most common reason for this error to occur is that the motor control is not working, but sometimes some minor problems can also cause this error.
In this article, we have discussed the causes of Liftmaster error code 1-5 and a few easy ways to fix the issue.
Also read: How to fix Liftmaster error code 4-1?
What happens when error code 1-5 occurs?
Four things happen when the Liftmaster error code 1-5 occurs:
- The garage door cannot go above 6-8 inches and then stops and drops down.
- The garage door does not show movement and makes a humming sound for less than 5 seconds.
- The garage door does not show movement and makes a humming sound for more than 5 seconds.
- The door does not moves and only clicks.
What causes the Liftmaster error code 1-5?
There are three possible causes for the Liftmaster error code 1-5:
- Something is obstructing the movement of the motor.
- Loose wiring with the logic board.
- The motor control is damaged.
Also read: Liftmaster error code 4-6: 3 Fixes
How to fix the error code 1-5?
Here are a few ways that might help you fix the error:
If your door is moving 6-8 inches and then coming back down or stops at that place, you can open the door manually, check the door lock, and check for any broken parts that obstruct the door movement.
Check for loose connection
It is possible that some wirings have gotten loose, the door opener cannot get signals from the sensors, or the logic board has some loose connection. So check for loose wire connections.
Replace the motor control
If there is a malfunction in the motor control, then you cannot do anything with it other than replace the motor control module.
If you are not comfortable changing the motor control by yourself, you must seek professional help and contact Liftmaster customer support.
Also read: How to fix Ticketmaster error code 0011?