All of the Soundcloud paid subscription plans has its own separate upload limit. Free users can record and upload up to three hours of audio, a Pro user can record and upload audio of up to six hours and a Pro Unlimited user has a recording limit of six hours and 45 minutes and no upload limit.
If you are having any trouble in recording audio or simply can’t find the option to record on Soundcloud, check out the step-by-step guide below.
Note that, at the time of writing, you can not record audio directly on Soundcloud’s website.
Launch the Soundcloud app on your device and follow the steps below to record audio.
- Tap on the Library icon, last icon from the left side at the bottom of the screen. Then in your library tap on the Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, tap on Record options.
- On the next screen, tap on the Microphone button (in the bottom half of the display).
- Record the audio and then tap again on the Microphone button to pause the audio when you’re done.
- If you want to listen to your recording then tap on the Play (arrowhead) icon beside the Microphone button. You can edit the audio by tapping on the Scissors option beside the Microphone button.
- After you’re done editing, tap on the Next button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, you can add an image, title for your track and set your track to the public or private. If you set your track to public, everybody will be able to listen to it and if you select private then only you and those you share the track with can listen.
- After you’re done adding the details for your track, tap on the Post (arrow above a bar in the orange colour box) button and your recording will be uploaded to Soundcloud.
Also read: How to create a playlist on SoundCloud?
Akash is a law graduate who likes to go for bike rides on the weekends soul-searching for answers to his many existential questions.