Roblox is one of the most popular online game and game creation platforms that started as a small community in 2005 and has grown to millions in numbers over the years. If you’re thinking about joining the ever-growing community of Roblox gamers here are the system requirements for running Roblox on Windows PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire OS and Chrome OS. If you’re looking to run it on your Linux PC, we’ve some bad news for you, Roblox isn’t compatible with Linux.
Below we’ve listed the universal system requirements for all devices running an OS listed above, followed by software requirements for individual operating systems.
Roblox hardware system requirements
- Processor: The company recommends a processor manufactured later than 2005 that clocks at 1.6Ghz or more. Older AMD processors were found to have an issue running Roblox.
- Graphics: You’ll need at least DirectX 9 and shader model 2.0 to run Roblox. However, the company recommends that you run Roblox on a PC that’s less than five years old and has a dedicated graphics card or a laptop with an integrated video card that’s less than three years old.
- Memory and Storage: Your Windows 7, 8 or 10 device will need to have at least 1GB of RAM. All devices will need at least 20Mb of storage to install Roblox.
- Internet: You’ll need a 4 or 8Mb/s internet connection for single-use and even more if multiple users are going to play at once.
Roblox video feature only works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, and might not be supported immediately on newly released or pre-released OS versions.
Roblox system requirements for Windows
Roblox is supported on Windows 7, 8 and 10 but you’ll need to run it in Desktop mode in Windows 8, and the Metro mode (tiled screen) isn’t supported.
Roblox system requirements for Mac
Roblox Client can be installed on Intel-only Macs on 10.7 (Lion) and higher. Roblox Studio will need Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and above.
Roblox system requirements for Android
Broadly, Android devices featuring Tegra 2 chipsets aren’t supported; they should have an ARMv7 processor. They should also be running Android 4.4 or newer versions.
However, due to the high volume of Android devices manufactured, support for every device can’t be guaranteed. If your Android smartphone is showing a warning sign, you might still be able to run Roblox, or there’s a chance you might not. Read on to find more. Roblox says that there are two levels of unsupported Android devices, one of which can run games with some lag and stutter while the others can’t run the games at all.
- Some devices might get a warning suggesting that their devices might not be powerful enough to run Roblox. However, you can skip the warning and try running the games, which might lag.
- If you see the second kind of warning that suggests that your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, you won’t be able to run Roblox. This might show up if your device is using Tegra 2 chipset or any chipset other than ARMv7. However, you’ll still be able to access other parts of the app, minus the games on such phones and tablets.
Roblox system requirements for iOS
iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4s or newer and iPod touch 5th-gen or newer running iOS 8 or above are compatible with Roblox.
Roblox system requirements for Fire OS
Roblox is compatible with the following Kindle products.
- 3rd-gen Kindle Fire HDX 7
- 3rd-gen Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
- 4th-gen Fire HDX 8.9
- 4th-gen Fire HD 6
- 4th-gen Fire HD 7
- 5th-gen Fire HD 8
- 5th-gen Fire HD 10
Amazon Fire HD 2013 isn’t supported. Also, newly or pre-released Fire OS versions might not be supported immediately.
Roblox system requirements for Chrome OS
Chrome OS version 53 and above support Roblox, given that you’ve Google Play Store enabled on your device.
Yatharth believes social media is the coolest thing to have happened to humankind — connecting across borders. He writes about Apple, gaming and social platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]