Waking up to the same alarm tune every day can get quite monotonous, but Android has made way for new possibilities with incremental updates. If you’ve been using Android for long, you already know that it’s highly customisable, courtesy of the tens of thousands of good apps available in the Play Store.
If you’re bored of the default tones and would like to set one of your favourite songs as your alarm on Android, that’s entirely possible. Moreover, you can also set a song from Spotify as your alarm on Android; and in this article, we’re going to help you do just that in a jiffy.
For settings a Spotify song as your alarm tone on Android, you’ll need two apps installed — Spotify and Clock by Google, which usually comes pre-installed on several Android smartphones. However, if you don’t already have the Clock app, you can download it from the Play Store. Then follow the guide below to set a Spotify song as your Android device’s alarm tone.
Setting Spotify song as your Android alarm
To set a song of your choice on your Android device, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Google Clock app on your Homescreen.
- Create a new alarm by clicking on the + sign that can be seen at the bottom of the screen.
- Set the time when you wish to wake up.
- After you are done setting the alarm, click on the small bell icon.
- You’ll then be asked to select the app from which you wish to set your ringtone. Tap on Spotify.
- A list of the songs recently played by you in the Spotify app will be displayed first. Then you’ll get a recommended list of morning songs. You can also search and set a song of your choice.
- Click on the song that you want as your alarm tune. The song will begin to play.
- When you go back to the alarm, you’ll see that the tune has been changed to your favourite selected song.
That’s it. You need to follow those easy steps and get to wake up from your deep slumber with your favourite music. After you switch off the alarm, you also get the option to continue playing the song via Spotify.