Qualcomm Technologies is one of the leading makers of mobile platforms in the world. Here, we compare three of the most widely used chipsets of the company — Snapdragon 712, Snapdragon 710 and Snapdragon 675 — that are commonly seen on mid-range smartphones that usually cost between INR 15,000 to 30,000.
If you’re in the market for one such phone that’s running either a Snapdragon 700 series or the better one among the 600 series, it makes sense to check out what the phones’ processors are capable of before spending your money. Do read the article to know the chipsets’ technical specifications and then decide which one is best suited for you.
The semiconductor size is as follows.
- Snapdragon 712 also has 10 nm semiconductor size.
- Snapdragon 710 has a semiconductor size of 10 nm.
- And, the Snapdragon 675 has the semiconductor size of 11 nm.
Smaller semiconductor size is much better than the larger ones as the smaller size can fit in more easily and generate more power. In such case, Snapdragon 712 and 710 are much better than Snapdragon 675.
The CPU configuration is as follows.
- Snapdragon 712 has Qualcomm Kryo 360 CPU, Octa-core CPU that clocks up to the speed of 2.3 GHz.
- Snapdragon 710 has Qualcomm Kryo 360 CPU, Octa-core CPU that clocks up to the speed of 2.2 GHz.
- Snapdragon 675, on the other hand, has Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPU, Octa-core CPU clocking up to the speed of 2.0 GHz.
As you can see from the above comparison, Snapdragon 675 is far behind the other two competitors in terms of speed.
Here is the GPU comparison of the three mobile platforms.
- Snapdragon 712 uses the Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU.
- Snapdragon 710 also uses the Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU.
- While the Snapdragon 675 uses the Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU.
While the 712 and 710 share the same GPU, 675 lags behind a bit with a relatively lower-spec graphics chip, though it packs a punch too.
- Snapdragon 712 has a combined score of 217,245 (Realme XT).
- Snapdragon 710 (Nokia 8.1) has a combined score of 171,010 with a CPU score of 66524 and the GPU score of 49379.
- Snapdragon 675 (Redmi Note 7 Pro) has a combined score of 181,476 with a CPU score of 85516 and the GPU score of 36106.
As you can see from the combined score, Snapdragon 712 performs much better than its other counterparts.
When it comes to connectivity, here is the comparison.
- Snapdragon 712 supports X15 LTE modem (15/13).
- Snapdragon 710 also supports X15 LTE modem (15/13).
- While the Snapdragon 675 supports X12 LTE modem (12/13).
Both the 700-series Snapdragon chipsets offer better connectivity with a more efficient modem integrated into the chipsets.
Following are the camera support specifications of the three mobile platforms.
- Snapdragon 712 has Spectra 250 image signal processor with up to 48 MP single camera and up to 16 MP dual camera support.
- Snapdragon 710 also has Spectra 250 image signal processor with up to 48 MP single camera and 16 MP dual camera support.
- Snapdragon 675 has Spectra 250L image signal processor with 48 MP single/ 16 MP dual camera support.
|Category||Snapdragon 712||Snapdragon 710||Snapdragon 675|
|Node||10 nm||10 nm||11 nm|
|CPU||Qualcomm Kryo 360 CPU, Octa-core CPU with up to 2.3 GHz speed||Qualcomm Kryo 360 CPU, Octa-core CPU with up to 2.3 GHz speed||Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPU, Octa-core CPU with a speed of up to 2.0 Ghz.|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU|
|Camera||Spectra 250 ISP with up to 48 MP single and 16 MP dual||Spectra 250 ISP with up to 48 MP single and 16 MP dual||Spectra 250L with up to 48 MP single and 16 MP dual|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Display||Up to Quad HD +; HDR: HDR10; Display Pixels: 3360×1440; External Display: 4K Ultra HD||Up to Quad HD+|
Display Pixels: 3360×1440
External Display: Up to4K Ultra HD
|Up to FHD+|
External Display: Up to 1080p
|Benchmark (Antutu)||217,245 (Realme XT)||171,010 (Nokia 8.1)||181,467(Redmi Note 7 Pro)|
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.