Google Stadia is coming to Chromecast with Google TV on June 23 and will also be available on compatible Android TVs, the company announced on Monday.
The announcement comes eight months after the $50 device was first launched without Stadia support. Starting June 23, Stadia will be officially supported on the following devices.
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Hisense Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- Onn FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Philips 8215, 8505, and OLED 935/805 Series Android TVs
- Xiaomi MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
More devices will be added to this list over the coming months. Meanwhile, Android TV OS devices that aren’t on the list can opt into experimental support to play Stadia games. However, since the feature is still in development, Stadia won’t be stable on these devices.
To enable Stadia in experimental mode on a device, sign into the Stadia app, open app settings, select Experiments and then Play on this device. The playing experience will vary by device and network speed.
Stadia compatible controllers and phones
At the time of writing, the Stadia Controller will work on TV with Chromecast Ultra. On Google Chrome (version 77 or newer) or phones running Android 10 or newer, gamers can connect using the Stadia controller, keyboard and mouse, Dualshock 4 controller, Xbox One, One Elite, Adaptive and 360 controllers and Switch Pro controller using USB and Bluetooth.
The following Android phones are compatible with Google Stadia.
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5
- iPhone (running iOS 14.3 or newer)
- Samsung S8, S8+, S8 Active, Note 8
- Samsung S9, S9+, Note 9
- Samsung S10, S10+, Note 10, Note 10+
- Samsung S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- OnePlus 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G, 8T
- OnePlus Nord, N10 5G, N100
- Asus ROG Phones
- Razer Phone, Razer Phone II
- LG V50 ThinQ, V50S ThinQ, V60 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, Wing
To check OS, third-party controllers and headset compatibility, check this Stadia support page.