Common across social media platforms, tagging is a useful tool that helps people notice who else is in the image by placing a prominent link to their profiles and also notify the users who’ve been tagged.
In this article, we will guide you through how to tag someone on a post, including images on Linkedin in a few simple steps.
On the Linkedin website, the tagging button is not available like on the Linkedin app. Instead, all you need to do is type @ after the text body of the post and after that follow the same steps as shown for the Linkedin app.
Tagging someone on LinkedIn
Launch the Linkedin app and follow the steps below to tag someone on Linkedin.
- Tap on the Add post (plus sign) button in the tab menu at the bottom of the screen to create a new post.
- On the next screen start composing your post, and after composing the post tap on the @ icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. You can directly type @ using the keyboard after your text body of the post.
- A list of Linkedin users will appear; you can type the first letter or the whole name to make your search easier and then tap on the user name you want to tag.
- On the next screen, the tagged users will appear beside the text body of the post. After you’re done tagging, tap on the Post icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
Linkedin website’s website doesn’t feature the tagging button as it appears on the app. You have to type @ after the text body of the post and follow the same steps as shown above.
Tagging someone in an photo on Linkedin
Launch the Linkedin app and tap on compose post button and follow the steps below to tag someone in a photo on Linkedin.
- Tap on the Add image icon, third icon from the left in the tool bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload the image and tap anywhere on the images to tag someone.
- After tapping a list of users will appear. You can search for a user from the search box at the top and then tap on the user name to tag them. You can tag multiple Linkedin profiles the same way.
- They will be tagged in the image (as shown in the screenshot below). After you’re done tagging, tap on the Arrow button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, all the tagged users will appear at the bottom left corner of the image. Tap on the Post button at the top right corner of the screen to publish your post.
Also read: How to ask for a recommendation on LinkedIn?
Akash is a law graduate who likes to go for bike rides on the weekends soul-searching for answers to his many existential questions.