Keeping your apps up-to-date is necessary is you want to remain secure. Companies regularly release patches to fix any bugs in the interface and enhance the security features or the UI of the app. It is sufficient to say that as soon as an update is released, you should download them — in most cases.
In this article, we explain how you can update Google Chrome both on PC as well as a smartphone.
Update Google Chrome on PC
To update Google Chrome on PC, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome and then click on the three-dot button at the top right of the screen. Here is the colour scheme that you will see if an update is pending:
- Green: If the update was released less than two days ago.
- Orange: The update is available for four days.
- Red: Update was released at least a week ago.
Step 2: From the drop-down menu, select Help > About Google Chrome.Step 3: If Google Chrome has not been updated in a while, you will notice that the moment you click on About Google Chrome, it will begin to update automatically.Step 4: When Google Chrome is finished updating, click on Relaunch button to complete the update and launch Chrome. Make sure to save all the data before relaunching. Also read: Why Chrome uses so much RAM? How much does it affect your system?
Update Google Chrome on a smartphone (Android)
Here are the steps to update Google Chrome on the smartphone. This method works both for Android and iOS.
- Open Google Play Store and tap on the hamburger icon at the top left.
- Tap on My apps and games from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you will see Chrome under the Updates pending section. Just tap on Update button beside Google Chrome in the list. You can also search Google Chrome, open the app and then press Update.
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.