Google Chrome needs no introduction. Millions of us use the browser daily, immersing ourselves in the world of internet. In this article, we bring you some of the very basic how-tos in Chrome. These basics will establish a base for you to work on Chrome so that you could become a power Chrome user in the future. We will start by explaining how you can download Chrome on various operating systems and then we will proceed to explain how you can configure your other browsers to make Google as your homepage.
How to install Chrome?
You can install Google Chrome in the following devices:
Follow the steps given below.
- In the browser, go to the link here.
- Click on Download Chrome and then click on Accept and Install.
- Then click on the ChromeSetup.exe and give the administrator permission.
- The software will download.
Note: In case you have a problem in downloading Chrome, you can download the Chrome installer on one computer and then transfer the file to another computer and install Chrome on that device.
System requirements to run Chrome
To run Chrome, you must have Windows 7 or above and an Intel Pentium 4 or later version processor.
If you are an Android user, follow the steps given below.
- Open Google Play store.
- On the search tab, type Google Chrome or Chrome.
- Tap on Install and then Accept.
- Chrome browser is ready to go!
For iPhone users, the steps are given below.
- Search Chrome on Apple Store by clicking here.
- Tap on Get and then Install.
- Enter the Apple ID and then tap on OK.
- Chrome browser will install on iPhone/ iPad.
Also read: How to access all internal pages in Chrome
How to make Google as your Homepage
In this section, we will explain how you can make Google as your homepage in a plethora of browsers as well as other platforms. Google in homepage means that whenever you open the browser, you will see Google search engine welcoming you.
If you want to make Google as your homepage in Chrome itself, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the three-dot menu and then Settings.
- In the Settings, click on Appearance.
- Click on Show Home Button, then type google.com in the space.
You will see Google search engine every time you will open Chrome.
Follow the instructions given below.
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top right or press Alt + X.
- Go to Settings.
- Under the Open Microsoft Edge with heading, select A specific page or pages option.
- Enter google.com in the URL below and then click on the floppy disk beside it to save the changes.
That’s it! Google will now be the homepage of your Edge browser.
Note: You can add multiple addresses.
In Firefox, the steps are a bit different. Read on to know the steps.
- On the top right corner, click on the hamburger menu.
- Then select Options.
- After that, click on Home.
- Under the Homepage and new windows, select custom URLs.
- Type google.com.
The steps are simple and are as follows.
- Open Opera browser.
- Click on the O tab at the top left corner.
- On the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- Select Advanced > On Startup.
- In the On Startup heading, select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click on Add new page and then type google.com.
- Finally, confirm by clicking on Add.
Your Google homepage is now set up in Opera.
If you are using a mobile, then follow the steps given below to set Google as your homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Tap on the three-dot menu.
- On the drop-down menu, tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Home page.
- Tap on Open this page and type google.com.
- Tap on Save option to confirm the changes.
With this step, Google will be on your homepage.
We hope that with this step-by-step guide, you must have understood the process and are ready to rock on Chrome. Do visit our other Chrome articles to further advance your knowledge.
Also read: How to block websites in Google Chrome?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.