Facebook added the Bump feature on their Messenger platform in one of the updates back in 2022. In simple words, bumping is usually done in forums, message boards and chats when you want to display a message at the top to prevent the message from getting buried.
Bump on Facebook Messenger: What is it?
You can use the bump feature on Facebook Messenger to remind others of something previously sent in the chat. If you feel that a certain message is not being replied to or is important enough to deserve attention currently, you can bump that message.
The bumped message will be shown at the top of the chat.
Also read: How long can a story be on Instagram?
How to bump messages on Messenger?
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Messenger chat and tap on the message you want to bump.
- Next, tap on the More option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on Bump.
You will see a quote — You bumped your message — confirming that the bump is successful.
Also read: What do the Instagram icons mean?
Bump on Facebook Messenger: Limitations
You can bump text messages, photos and videos on the Messanger. However, you cannot bump the following things:
- Location sharing details.
- Missed calls.
Furthermore, you cannot use this feature in end-to-end encrypted chats, which is a bummer.
Why use the bump feature?
The bump feature is useful in many ways, some of which are as follows:
- To convey the urgency of the message. You can use the bump feature if you want the sender to attend to the message at once.
- For showcasing some important message at the top of the forum or message board so that people know exactly what’s happening.
Also read: How to block someone on Messenger?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]