The Cash App is an online money transfer app used mainly in the United States and the United Kingdom. Their services include banking, money transfers, cryptocurrency, and investing. If you have had a bad experience with someone on the Cash App, you might feel the need to block them.
This article will discuss what happens when you block someone on the Cash App.
Also read: Cash app connection error: 5 Fixes
Result of blocking someone on Cash App
A person may have many reasons to block you or for you to block them. Always remember if you are being harassed or blackmailed, inform the relevant authorities as soon as possible. Cash App will not inform the person if they have been blocked. If you are worried about someone finding out that you have blocked them, here is what will happen when you block:
- Your transaction history with them will disappear.
- They will be removed from your contact list, and you will be removed from their contact list.
- The blocked person will not be able to request or send any payment to you. Any payment will be automatically denied.
- They will not be able to see your account or your balance.
- If you block the person with whom you share a joint account, they will not be able to access this account.
- Blocking any merchant does not allow them to track the payment or make any changes.
Not a result of blocking
The following reasons will not come to fruition if you are trying to block a merchant on the Cash App:
- If you have any paid transactions with a merchant, the payment will not be cancelled by blocking them. They will receive that amount, so you should resolve this issue with the merchant if you want a refund.
- You can also reach out to Cash App’s support team to cancel a transaction with a merchant. Also, remember that Cash App can only block a merchant with whom you have a previous transaction.
Also read: How to delete a WooPlus account?