YouTube was founded in February 2005 and acquired by Google in October 2006. Since then, YouTube has become one of the biggest video sharing websites with the highest number of user-generated content.
Here we discuss 15 interesting facts about YouTube that every user must know.
- YouTube gets over 1.9 billion logged-in users per month.
- Each day users watch over a billion hours of video, generating billions of views.
- If put together back to back, these billion hours of video would combine to make 100,000 years of video footage.
- Mobile visits account for more than 70% of the traffic on YouTube.
- YouTube’s local version is available in more than 91 countries worldwide.
- Google’s online streaming service can be surfed in 80 different languages, which covers 95% of the users on the internet at present.
- YouTube reaches more people in USA via mobile alone than any other TV network.
- Channels earning six figures per year has grown more than 40% year-on-year.
- Channels earning five figures has grown more than 50% year-on-year.
- Channels with north of a million subscribers have grown by 75% year-on-juice.
- YouTube content creators have collectively claimed over $2 billion via Content ID on the service over the past five years.
- More than 9000 partners, including popular network broadcasters, movie studios and music labels, have used Content ID to monetise their claims of over 800 million videos.
- The Content-ID database, which has won a PrimeTime Emmy, has over 75 million active reference files.
- Psy’s Gangnam Style was the first viral hit of its kind on YouTube that almost broke the view counter limit of 2,147,483,647. The song currently has 3.3 billion views and the new limit counter is 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 views.
- The most subscribed channel on YouTube is T-Series with 97.4 million subscribers.
If there is some other interesting fact about YouTube that we have missed, comment down below.
The Editorial Coordinator at Candid.Technology, Hemant has a keen interest in social issues, philosophy, religion, conspiracy theories, cricket and technology. He writes as well as makes sure the editorial functions smoothly.
You can contact Hemant on email: [email protected] or call: +91-522-4333653