The Apple Watch has become a popular and stylish companion for many people, providing many features and seamless integration with iPhones. However, like any electronic device, it can sometimes encounter issues. One frustrating problem some Apple Watch users may face is the inability to swipe up on the screen.
In this article, we have discussed the causes of the Apple Watch won’t swipe up and a few ways to help you fix the issue.
Why won’t the Apple Watch swipe up?
If your Apple Watch is not letting you swipe up, the following reasons can cause the issue.
- Apple Watch Screen or the edges are dirty.
- System glitch.
- Issues with the connectivity between iPhone and Apple Watch.
How to fix the issue?
Below we have explained a few ways that might help you fix the Apple Watch won’t swipe up issue.
Restart the Apple Watch
The first step to resolving any software-related issue is to restart the device. To restart your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Swipe the slider, and once the device turns off completely, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears. This simple restart often resolves minor glitches and can get your watch back to its optimal performance.
Clean the screen and the edges
Over time, dirt, sweat, or other particles can accumulate on the display of your Apple Watch, leading to touch-related problems. Gently wipe the screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any debris or smudges that may hinder touch sensitivity. It’s essential to use a non-abrasive cloth to prevent scratching the display.
Re-pair the Apple Watch
It is possible that your Apple Watch is not allowing you to swipe up because there is some problem in pairing your iPhone and Apple Watch, so unpairing and pairing it again might help you resolve the issue. Click here to learn how to unpair your Apple Watch.
To pair the Apple Watch again, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Side button on your watch till you see the Apple logo on your watch.
- Hold your iPhone close to your Apple Watch.
- Tap Continue on the Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch message that appeared on your iPhone.
- Tap on either Set Up for Myself or Set Up for a Family Member as needed.
- The app will ask you to position your watch in the frame, position it in the frame.
- Your Apple Watch will be paired. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Contact Apple Support
If none of the above solutions fix the issue, it may be time to seek assistance from Apple Support. They have a dedicated team of experts who can guide you through advanced troubleshooting steps or arrange a repair or replacement if necessary. Click here to contact Apple customer support.
Also read: How to ping your Apple Watch?