Hashtags are one of the primary ways to search for posts by others on topics you’re interested in on social networks and the same applies to Tumblr. Not only do hashtags assist in finding content that matches one’s interest, but they’re also useful for content creators to get their posts noticed.
Recommendation engines have become commonplace throughout the internet and if you don’t like content related to a particular hashtag and don’t want it to appear on your Tumblr homepage, you can always filter tags.
In this article, we’re going to explain how to block tags on Tumblr’s website and app for Android and iOS.
Also read: How to delete a Tumblr blog?
Blocking tags on Tumblr’s website on PC
Login to your account on Tumblr.com and follow the steps mentioned below to block hashtags from appearing on your Tumblr homepage.
Step 1: Click on the Profile icon at the top-right of the website. From the dropdown list, select Settings.
Step 2: In the Account (The essentials) tab, click on the pencil (edit) icon beside Filtered Tags under Filtered.
Step 3: Insert the tags that you want to filter and click on the Add button.
Also read: Top 7 Tumblr alternatives
Blocking tags on Tumblr’s app for Android and iOS
Open the Tumblr app on your Android or iOS and follow the steps mentioned below to block hashtags from appearing on your dashboard.
- Tap on the profile icon, located at the bottom-right of the app.
- On your profile page, tap on the Settings (Gear) icon.
- On the next page, tap on General settings.
- Then tap on Filtering option.
- On the next page, tap on the +New button beside Filtered Tags (refer to the screenshot below).
- On the pop-up box, enter the hashtag you want to block and then tap on the Add button.
Also read: What channels are available on Disney+ Hotstar?