Cloud storage is all the rage these days and Apple was one of the early movers into this space by offering the same to consumers via iCloud. All iOS users get a 5GB of free online storage via iCloud, which allows them to either move some of the files like photos, videos and documents from their iPhone and iPad to the iCloud storage or create a duplicate for backup, which can then be accessed online from anywhere using your Apple ID.
While cloud storage is still in its infancy and its security standards are consistently upgraded depending on real-time and prospective threats, you can opt to backup your non-essential data to iCloud, especially if you’re running out of storage on your iPhone.
While the 5GB free storage offered by iCloud is sufficient to store thousands of documents, you’ll run out of the space sooner if you’re backing up all your photos or videos. If so, you can also upgrade or basically buy more space in iCloud storage. In order to do so follow the steps below on your iPhone.
Also read: How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone?
Buying iCloud storage on iPhone?
Open your iPhone’s settings and follow the steps mentioned below to
- Tap on your name at the top of the Settings app, which basically your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud from the list. On the next page, you can see how the initial 5 GB space has been used in the screenshot above.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- You will see a message that your iCloud storage is full (refer to the screenshot below). Tap on Upgrade.
- Select the plan that suits your needs and tap on Buy at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then enter your Apple ID password and tap on Sign In at the top-right corner of the screen.
- The payment will be processed from a payment method you’ve added to your account or you’ll be redirected to a payment gateway.
- You will receive an alert that your iCloud space has been upgraded. You’ll also see the updated available space.
Please note, if you choose 200 GB or 2 TB plan, you can share the iCloud storage with your family members if they are using iOS devices.