AOL is a media portal as well as an email service. If you suspect something suspicious, you can change the AOL password in a few easy steps, both via the app as well as website.
In this article, we will explain how to do precisely that.
Change AOL password via the app
Here are the steps to change the password via the AOL app (Android as well as iOS).
- Sign in with your AOL account and then tap on the gear icon on the bottom right.
- Next, tap on Privacy Dashboard under the Support heading.
- Tap on Your Account. Check the screenshot above.
- Now, got to Edit account info option.
- After that, tap on the hamburger icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap on Account Security option from the drop-down menu.
- Here, tap on Change password option.
- Type in the new password and then type it again to confirm.
- When you are done, tap on Continue, and you will have successfully changed the password of your AOL account.
Also read: How to change your PayPal password?
How to change your AOL password via the website?
Here are the steps to change the AOL password via the website.
Step 1: Sign in on AOL with your account and then click on your name at the top right. Look at the screenshot below. Step 2: Now, click on the Account Security option from the left sidebar.Step 3: After that, click on Change password.Step 4: Prove the server that you are not a robot. This is a precautionary measure and is used by most websites. Step 5: Type in the new password and confirm it. Next, click on Continue. You will see that a Sucess screen will appear (as shown below). This is the confirmation that the password has been changed. Also read: How to change your Gmail password?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]